Alumoweld® is an aluminum-clad steel wire that has comparable corrosion-resistance to solid aluminum wire and eight times the strength. Compared to steel wire, it has the same high tensile strength but furnishes much higher conductivity and provides much greater longevity.
- Aluminum coating equal to 25% of the cross-sectional area of the composite wire
- Coating thickness at least 10% of wire radius
- Electrical conductivity - 1/3 that delivered by the same size solid aluminum wire
- ER 3008 Alumoweld® Type M® Guy Strand
- Heavy aluminum cladding provides corrosion-resistance and conductivity