Become an Employee-owner At Border States
You're a dedicated, hardworking employee who thrives on completing tasks on time and to your manager's expectations. You enjoy seeing a project done well—sometimes putting in the extra effort to achieve the desired results. We value your innovative, customer-focused attitude to drive continuous improvement.
Are you ready to use your talents and passion to build your career as an employee-owner of one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States?
- Responsible for answering incoming telephone calls efficiently and in a friendly manner.
- Responsible for filing, copying, faxes, mail, and other office related duties. Assists with various projects throughout the branch including data entry projects using SAP, Outlook and/or Microsoft Office software.
- Greets and assists customers and vendors who personally come in to BSE.
- Responsible for performing varied data entry projects and maintaining branch files and information. May be responsible for coordinating the collection and reporting of payroll information and/or expenses for employees. May be responsible for handling cash transactions.
- Responsible for inventory and order requests for supplies. May be responsible for, or assist with hotel accommodations, restaurant reservations, and catering services needed for seminars or meetings.
- May be responsible for the receiving of in-coming freight and checking material for damages or shortages and follow up with processing of defective materials if necessary. May be responsible for or assist with processing returns.
- Attends training programs, as required. Assists with branch meetings, when needed.
- Adhere to the mission, values, culture, policies, procedures, service philosophy and standards. Perform all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing service excellence at all times. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a two-year business, accounting or office degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prior knowledge of general accounting duties, operating a variety of office equipment and a switchboard with the ability to perform various data entry projects preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Prefer ability to read, write and speak English.
- Prefer good working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
- Ability to move lift more than 20 pounds on an occasional basis and move up to 20 pounds on a constant basis required. Constant standing, walking or sitting may be required. Requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
Your Career Is Waiting
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field.
Border States is employee-owned, which means you're empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work. What are you waiting for?