Please note that change of context may affect the pricing and availability of the existing items in the cart
Your privacy is important to us. To that end, this policy describes how Border States Electric (“BSE”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) collects, uses, shares, maintains, and protects the personal information of visitors to our website and users of our online services. This policy does not provide assurances on how non-BSE products or services may collect or use personal information.
COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We collect several types of information, both directly from you when you provide it to us as well as automatically when you navigate through our website, including:
- Personal information, such as name, company, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- Purchase information, such as a credit card holder’s name, billing address, and credit card number;
- Technical Information about you when you visit our websites, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet. "Technical Information" is information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual but which could be used to indirectly identify you. Our servers automatically record this information, which may include your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. Gathering your information helps us ensure our websites and other services work correctly and support out customer analytic efforts.
BSE may also collect anonymized or aggregated data that does not directly identify you.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that you provide directly to us or that we collect from you, to:
- Improve our promotional and marketing efforts;
- Communicate new products and services;
- Analyze the usage of our website;
- Help create better content and layout of the website;
- Notify you of changes to the website;
- Respond to your requests and inquiries; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
We may also use your information to contact you directly about products and services offered by our vendors. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or in any of the ways identified above, please do not register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with our services, websites, or applications.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with various subsidiaries, affiliates, and vendors, to:
- Complete and ship your orders;
- Answer your requests or inquiries;
- Track for warranties, if applicable;
- Develop and distribute marketing materials;
- Assist in the administration of our website and data systems; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
We may also disclose your information when legally required to do so, such as in response to a subpoena, investigative request, or as part of any other legal process. This allows us to effectively exercise our legal rights and defend against legal claims.
In no instances will BSE directly sell your personal information to third parties.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard efforts to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Specifically, information that we collect from you from our website is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and all payment transactions are encrypted and tokenized. Further, we have internal policies and trainings that ensure that your personal information is protected by our employee-owners.
You also share the responsibility of protecting your personal information. In particular, please keep the password that you create to access your account on our website confidential and do not share it with anyone.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, the reality is that the internet is not completely secure. As such, the transmission of personal information is at your own risk and BSE is not responsible should our security measures be circumvented resulting in a breach.
If you wish to contact us about how we collect or store your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call, by toll-free telephone, 866-483-7289.
In addition to contacting us directly, there are several self-service options available to you for restricting the personal information that we have access to as well as how we share that information, including:
- Changing personal information contained within your online account on our website or deleting the account entirely;
- Adjusting the settings of your internet browser so that some or all cookies are not accepted; and
- Opting out when we expressly ask if we can contact you about BSE offerings or share your personal information with third parties for marketing and advertising purposes.
Please note that if you disable cookies or limit the amount of personal information that is shared, you may not be able to make online purchases or access all of our online services and tools. Further, in the event that you ask us to change or delete your personal information, we may not accommodate your request if we believe doing so will result in the violation of any law or legal requirement.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). These rights include requesting details about how BSE shared your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes over the previous 12 months. To make such a request, or to inquire about any other rights under the CCPA, please send us an email at email@example.com or call, by toll-free telephone, 866-483-7289.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ONLINE
Per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), BSE does not seek or knowingly collect information from or about children under the age of 13.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy is subject to change, including how we collect or share your personal information. If there is a change to the terms and conditions contained herein, we will promptly update this policy, including the effective date listed at the top.
Please direct questions or comments about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org or call, by toll-free telephone, 866-483-7289.
The name already exists. Please enter a unique name.
List created successfully
You successfully added the product to your list with minimum order quantity.
List updated successfully
There was a problem adding this product to your list. This may be because your list already contains 50 items.